Friday, 18 April 2014

Exams coming up! | TIPS

Helloo everybody!

I'm so sorry, I haven't been posting lately and that's because I have exams coming up and let me tell you - it's not funny. Sleep, school, studying, sleep, school, studying and everything all over again - that's how my days went when I wasn't updating my blog... Excuse accepted? :)

Even if you're not in high school and you don't have to study for your exams regularly, there are situations when you have to remember something that's written in a book or learn some definitions that are not necessarily useful... Here are some quick tips that help me a lot and may help you :)




1. HIGHLIGHT!

Highlight short sentences or words that can help you remember what you have to learn. It catches your eye when you're doing a quick revision so you don't have to read the whole text just to find a definition, a word, etc. What is more, it's colourful and fun!






2. BRAIN NEEDS SOME REST TOO!

Staying up all night studying or forgetting what is sleep is not good for your brain. It won't work properly if you don't sleep enough or take breaks regularly. What works for me is doing exactly what is said in the picture below: 


3. FLASHCARDS ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS

When you are in a rush or forgot to take your books with you, flashcards will help you memorise everything that you have to, without going through all your studying materials. It's handy, it will fit into your pockets and you can go through them whenever you want! If you're lazy like me and you don't want to make them on paper, I recommend downloading apps with flashcards then even if you forget to bring your 'real' flashcards with you, you still have them on your phone! 

4. REMEMBER TO SNACK

Sometimes you can forget to eat, because of stress, too much material to remember etc. remember to snack on healthy things. Personally, I like to eat slices of apple with peanut butter on the side :)


5. SAY YES TO COFFEE

There are days when you don't sleep well and the only thing that keeps me alive and my brain working is coffee. This liquid magic can make your studying a lot easier.


6. TURN IT OFF!

I think this is the hardest one: turning off your laptop, TV, Facebook, Twitter etc. trust me it doesn't help if notifications keep popping out of nowhere distracting you...


Good luck! xx



28 comments:

  1. Love this post :) have a great weekend :)

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and have a great weekend too :)

      Delete
  2. Totally understandable! I have exams coming in May. So I have already told my followers that I have narrowed my blog posts to two in a week on a Tuesday & Saturday. Maybe you should do that it would be good, so you wont feel to pressured to do things. Anyways have a lovely weekend!
    .
    P.S Good Luck With The Exams :)
    Rebecca,
    www.rebeccamariaphotographyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a good idea! thank you and enjoy your weekend too! xx

      Delete
  3. Totally understand my exams are coming up right after the Easter break.I think the hardest step for me is number 6! My biggest obstacle is my laptop!
    I'll be very happy if you check out my blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine is too :) have a nice day x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the adice. I love your blog! Wow, keep up the good work!

    xCan you please visit/follow mine & my 14yr olds twins blog x
    P.s Do you want to follow each other's blogs on GFC? I'll follow you back ;) x

    www.fashionsmama.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post <3
    follow new ,mind follow back? :)

    big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and followed you back :)

      Delete
  6. these are great tips! eating right is definitely important I can't focus if I'm hungry!

    floralconstellation.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really useful, I have exams coming up haha! x

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk New post on how to make money from your iphone, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the comment! :)

      Delete
  8. I couldn't agree more with 5! :D

    I'm a beginning fashion blogger, check it out www.shawsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. checked your blog out, love it!

      Delete
  9. I hope you do well on your finals! Its finals week for me right now! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Nat! Would you mind following back in GFC and Bloglovin? :)
    xx
    Annika @ Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll go and follow you now, lovely xx

      Delete
  11. Sleep, office, working, sleep, office, working and everything all over again ----
    that's my life !!!
    and i know this post is useful for me,too!
    if work = study ,and office=school,that's us!
    anyway,thank you for sharing this,love you so much
    just send my kiss to you,keep in touch

    http://me-poppy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like this post :) love you too xx

      Delete
  12. The last one is sooo hard to do!
    but a friend of mine recommended an app called
    "self - control" for blocking facebook notifications.
    Hope that helps!

    RD
    X x


    http://freetobrd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to know! definitely going to try this app out!
      thanks! xx

      Delete
  13. I think I have the biggest problem with turning off all the social stuff.
    But flashcards are really the most helping thing ever, when you study.
    Really good post, good advice :)

    Mary

    P.S. If you want to, then check out my blog http://crazyinlife1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was extremely helpful, so thank youuu! Will definitely keep these in mind for my next exams :) Followed you on bloglovin' <3

    ReplyDelete