Saturday, 11 April 2015

WEEKLY FAVOURITES | PART I





Hi there! Today I wanted to do something different and start a some kind of series where once a week for a month I'm going to show you beauty products that have been tried out for a longer time and in my opinion are absolutely amazing. So the product that I'm obsessed with at the moment is the High Definition Eye Shadow Base by NYX.  

Firstly, I've tried out thousands and thousands of eye shadow primers and they've been quite alright but this one is absolutely the one. I've been using it for about three months now and this product has never been a failure. I really wanted to take time with this eye shadow base to test it out for different 'factors': various eye shadows, eyeliners and eye pencils. Basically, everything that you put on your eyelid can look better with this NYX baby.

What does it do? For starters, it makes your eye shadow stay on a lot longer and what's important - this base prevents it form smudging off or sticking to your eye crease. What is more, it doesn't necessarily change the colour of an eye shadow but it definitely enhances the colour itself, which at least for me is a big plus. Moreover, when I was doing a smokey eye and working with this base, I noticed that blending was a lot easier and it looked more natural in a way. 

Even though, the product is incredible, you have to remember to apply a fairly small amount of it, because applying too much will cause some difficulties with drying out, so in the end the eye shadow will crease and we don't want that.

Summing up, I highly recommend this eye shadow base and if you already have it, tell me what you think in the comments!
Thank you for stepping by! xoxo


17 comments:

  1. I'm not too great with blending so this is so for me. I just swipe eyeshadow on and go! May check this out next time I'm at Ulta :)

    doitfortheirony.com / creative blog for the future obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's trurly amazig, you should try it! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds nice, I aLWAYS USED A BASE!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never actually tried anything by NYX, love eyeshadow primers/bases though, they make such a difference!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously can't get over how much I love NYX products. Eyeshadow primers are my bread and butter, loveeee them!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love NYX make up and have been using this eyeshadow base for over a year! Absolutely love it!


    http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I recently bought a new primer and I'm obsessed with it, but if it runs out I'll try this one out!

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! you should definitely try it! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great product, I'm definitely going to try this out! :)
    The Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried too many eyeshadow primers in the past but this one sounds amazing! x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely give this one a try! :)

      Delete
  9. This sounds like a great idea for a little series! NYX have some really good products, especially given the price!

    www.hayleyeszti.com | UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't actually seen these about but after your review next time I go shopping I will definitely take a look at some of them! they look great. :)
    http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've only tried a couple things from nyx but i'll definitely have to try this! their prices are amazing

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this one! I don't find it amazing on my very oily eyelids though, since the oil-control isn't amazing...
    love, Kat

    whatkatlovestoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've tried this and it's amazing, I must pick up a new one though as mines nearly out. Lovely review xx
    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete