Saturday, 4 July 2015

GREEN UP YOUR BEAUTY SHELF


Lately I've been thinking a lot about everything that I put on my skin, everything that I eat and overall everything that I buy. Is it good for me? Is it beneficial for the environment? What can I do to make a change (even a little one)?

Often, without even giving it a decent thought, we use cosmetics that are packed with harsh chemicals on daily basis. Even thought this may not be the only factor that causes breakouts, dry skin etc. It is in fact one of the most common factors that contribute to a bad condition of your skin. 

According to studies, if you're a woman who uses make-up daily, your body is absorbing almost 5lb of chemicals a year. That is why, we need to think more about what we put on our skin and it doesn't only apply to make-up, but also shower gels, moisturisers, hair products - the list goes on and on. 

For the last couple of months I have been trying out some skin and hair care products that are organic, vegan, local, cruelty free and overall 'more natural' and I can honestly say - my skin and hair have never felt better. There is no need to put harsh chemicals on your skin when there is a wide range of skin care products that are packed with natural ingredients. Unfortunately, it is a more difficult case when it comes to make-up items. Naturally, I have really sensitive and allergic skin so changing up my 'beauty shelf' to more natural products has been a wonderful thing, not only for my skin, but also for the environment. Choosing cosmetics that are cruelty free/vegan won't change the whole world the moment you buy them, but this small gesture is a great way to start participating something good, something that is beneficial for you and those little living creatures surrounding you :)







In these photos above, I've included Polish brands too, because in Poland it is much easier to find natural products that are local rather that finding something that is a common, foreign brand and that is natural. I don't want to bore you to death with this post so if you want me to write more about 'greening up your beauty shelf' then let me know in the comments and I will gladly continue with this topic. 

Thank you so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon :)
Love, Natt xx

6 comments:

  1. Ziaja be a good tonic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like using natural skin and haircare products where I can, I swear by coconut oil for hair masks and eye cream!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! It made me really think that I need to take care of myself a little bit more haha x

    Phoebe | Phoebe’s Diaries

    ReplyDelete