Sunday, 10 April 2016

Quick and easy pancakes recipe | Vegan

I get bored with food very easily. Especially when it comes to breakfast, I'm very picky. For the majority of the time I eat vegan (plant-based) foods, plus I like variety, so eating the same type of breakfast every day that is not very easy to modify is not really my cup of tea. 

I stumbled upon this recipe when I was looking through my little 'vegan notebook'. I remembered really liking this one, because I was able to make these pancakes early in the morning right before school and I would still have lots of time to get ready etc.

I'm going to list some variations that you can use while making these pancakes - this is what I love about making them, you can modify to the extent of your imagination and enjoy a different version of them every single time you make these goodies. 




Ingredients for 2 servings:

☕ 100 g all purpose-flour
☕ 8 g baking powder
☕ 16 g brown or white sugar
☕ a pinch of salt
☕ 90 ml water
☕ 10 ml oil 
☕ a splash of vanilla extract

Mix everything together until it's blended and you can't find any lumps. Drop the batter with a large spoon onto a nonstick pan that's already been heated up (I don't use oil directly on the pan, because I find that it makes the pancakes too greasy). When you notice little bubbles of air on the batter and the edges are dry, flip the pancakes and cook them on a medium heat until they are browned on both sides. 

Here are some alternatives that I love to use with this recipe to make them interesting: 

 add some peanut butter to the batter (maybe a tablespoon, maybe two depending on how much you like it) / chocolate chips / cocoa powder / cinnamon / chia seeds / maple syrup / fruits of your choice / nuts / oats 

I hope you like this recipe and if you ever try it out, let me know how it turned out!
Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon, Natalia xx


P.S. Now I have an Instagram account so if you want to see my life in pictures go ahead and follow me ( @itsnattblog ) so we can become Instagram besties hahah x

8 comments:

  1. Adding peanut butter sounds like a great way to give it a little bit extra flavor. Great recipe. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite addition :) Glad you like the recipe :) x

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious! I love that it's vegan too because I'm trying to cut out dairy from my diet. Must try this - have bookmarked it for future reference! :)

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Hope you'll enjoy making them xx

      Delete
  3. I eat a lot of vegan meals as I used to be vegan and one of my favourite things to make is pancakes. This recipe looks really easy and delicious, definitely going to try this one!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like this recipe! :) Have fun making them x

      Delete
  4. These look and sound nice! I am trying to eat more vegan meals lately, but so many of them taste awful. Love the idea of adding vanilla to these! Definitely going to have to try them :) Thanks!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete